Businesses that want to improve their sustainable practices and support responsible tourism in Africa can register to become a member of Fair Trade Tourism. Each application has to be approved by our Client Advisory Committee.
To be eligible, applicants need to support sustainable practices and the specific principles of Fair Trade. They commit to embarking on the Fair Trade journey and to showing year-on-year improvements in their sustainability practices. For many, but not all, members, Fair Trade Tourism certification will be the ultimate goal. Membership needs to be renewed every year.
The aim of our membership programme is to:
- Establish a common platform and voice for sustainable tourism in Africa;
- Contribute to inclusive growth of the tourism industry;
- Assist tourism businesses to achieve their sustainability goals.
Benefits of membership are as follows:
- Join our community of Africa’s leading responsible tourism practitioners;
- Benchmark your business against best-practice responsible tourism standards;
- Free access to sustainability toolkits, policies, templates and business development services;